Sunday, November 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday (11/6) ~ Out of Left Field

Welcome back, Sixers! 

You can thank NaNoWriMo for this week's pick. 

For NaNo I'm writing a follow-up to In It To Win It
The working title is Out of Left Field and the hero is certainly an unlikely one.

When writing WIN I never would have thought 
Xavier, Jerk Extraordinaire, 
could be a character I'd want to know more about. 

But the more I get to know Matthais Xavier III, 
the more I fall in love with him. 

These are the first six sentences in the story... Enjoy!
Snap, crackle, pop was a great combination of sound when it came from a cereal bowl, but coming from a guy’s shoulder … not so much.
     Xavier ground his teeth together. He closed his eyes, pushing the weight bar toward the sky. Focusing on the burn in his pecs, he relished the subtle pain that told him the exercise was accomplishing something. The pain in his shoulder was accomplishing nothing, except an assload of ache he’d sure as hell pay for tonight.
     He knew he wouldn’t be able to hide his weakness for much longer, but exposing himself meant … well, exposing himself.

If you haven't met Grayson yet, he can be found in IN IT TO WIN IT 
via Kindle, Nook, & other ebook

For more Six Sentences click *here*

6 comments:

  1. i love a redeemable asshole. good luck with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must agree that first sentence is terrific. Great excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you're "exposing" more of him to us. You had me at "Snap! Crackle! Pop!" :D Great six, Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Morgan! Love the six! I hope you're having a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great opener, Morgan. Stubborn and vulnerable... my favorite kind of hero. :)

    ReplyDelete